Current Open Positions
Use the form at the bottom of this page to apply to any open positions listed below.
We are always accepting applications for the following roles:
- Project Manager
- Assistant Project Manager
- Assistant Superintendent
Construction Project Manager – El Paso, Texas
Provide overall management direction for two or more commercial construction projects.
- Plan, organize and issue subcontracts and purchase orders for new project contracts awarded.
- Check and process shop drawings.
- Initiate and maintain liaison with Architect and Prime Client to facilitate construction activities.
- Monitor/control construction through administrative direction of the on-site superintendent to ensure the project is built on schedule and within budget; investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures.
- Verify and properly code invoices and subcontracts.
- Represent the company in project meetings, assist in strategy meetings.
- Follow awarded contracts as assigned – may include estimating extra work items, change orders, credits, procuring the material, etc.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts (fee payment, rental equipment, income/expenses, etc.) to protect the company’s interest and simultaneously maintain a good relationship with Architect and Client.
- Calculate various statistical data – quantity take-offs, material price lists, labor costs per man-hour, equipment, etc. Prepare estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work.
- Assume additional responsibilities as directed by corporate.
- Good attendance and being punctual is an essential requirement for this position.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications, and Experience:
- Education and experience must include a four-year engineering degree or equivalent, plus extensive (five or more years) experience/knowledge of construction, design, finance, and management required.
- Must be able to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance.
- A thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, etc. and their impact on project activities vital; superior communication and interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.) skills essential.
- Must be a skilled businessman.
- Make decisions and recommendations that can greatly impact the corporate relationship with Architect and Client and profitability of projects which he manages.
- Acts without close supervision.
- Proven experience and judgment.
The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day. Management has the discretion to add or change the job description at any time.
BTC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for all positions will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status.
Interested in joining BTC?
Using the form below, please upload a copy of your resume, references and project list, if applicable.